They are used for the transport of liquid bulk products and are built according to ISO (International Organization for Standardization) standards and are designed depending on the type of substance, with a stainless steel alloy and surrounded by protective layers.
The Isotanque container is equipped with a system of valves at the top and bottom to be able to carry out loading and unloading operations in a safe and non-polluting manner. It is cylinder-shaped and can carry between 21,000 and 40,000 liters of liquid.
It is classified according to its construction specifications and the accessories it carries. This classification determines the type of product that can be transported. The support frame or skeleton is intended to protect the tank, as well as to facilitate stowage, fastening and the corresponding handling, in the same way as in an ISO container for multimodal transport.
If handled properly, the frame is capable of withstanding the rugged conditions a fully loaded container is subjected to.
They include a Container Safety Certificate (CSC) issued by the manufacturer. Official inspections are carried out every 5 and 2.5 years to certify the optimum condition of the container, according to official standards. In addition, after each use, it is checked to ensure that the equipment is in good condition for transport.
What liquids can it transport?
All portable liquids, non-hazardous and hazardous liquids, including corrosive, flammable, toxic and explosive liquids, and food-grade, to name a few:
- Dairy products
- Liquid sugars
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Sulfuric acid
- Liquid food products
- Heating oil and vegetable oils
- Liquid resins
- Chemical products
The advantages of the ISOtank
- Cost Effective: ISO tank containers are easily moved to and from ship to rail or truck, and with standard handling equipment. This reduces handling and storage costs.
- Immediate availability: ISO tanks are present in major ports around the world and can offer a regular, safe and faster available transport option than other liquid transport options.
- Reliability: Most are made of a stainless steel alloy that has a natural resistance to corrosion, and tank lining. Containers can withstand pressure and temperature variations.
- Stackable: Increases ease of handling and storage.
- Safety: ISO tanks are designed to meet specific criteria depending on the substance they are going to transport.
- Environmentally sustainable: It is a very sustainable mode of transport, it reduces product handling, the risk of leaks, the use of non-reusable packaging such as drums, IBC’s, and it does avoid the waste disposal and safety problems of other transport systems. liquids such as flexibags.
This type of container eliminates the risks that can arise when transferring liquids from a container to storage facilities and provides an extremely safe, cost-effective and viable means of transport.
Once emptied, the tank is moved to a certified washing station, thoroughly cleaned and inspected to make it ready for the next load. Although cisterns have a fairly uniform external appearance, materials of construction, internal lining, and accessories vary.